Here I am on the eve of 2013, survived the apocalypse on 21.12.12 for several days, still no signs of alien or planet heading towards earth yet. Let's recap what's 2012 for me.
1. I exceeded my yearly book reading quota by a lot. I don't really read any books at all, just magazines, even with magazines I would skip those with long articles and head on directly to pages with nice pictures. Found out that I don't really like
non-fiction genre like twilight or harry potter, my books would usually be biography, travelogues, compilation of short stories and humors.
2. Traveled a lot as usual this year locally but only 3 overseas trips. I'm still not ready financially to go anything out of SEA region however. Bahh.....
3. After reaching 3.0, it's obvious the circle of friends are shrinking tremendously, it hit me pretty hard just after passing 3.1 with numerous downfalls hitting almost every week at that quarter of the year. It was a wakeup call; I had to do something before I turned into an anti-social grumpy old man. Asked a few friends around to join up their groups, meet up strangers for gathering and had several blind dates.
4. My favorite car got stolen during the lowest luck of the year it's like stabbing a red hot burning sword through the paper cut with all the process of reporting, claiming the insurance and family. Yes, I'm still mad about how the situation was handled in the beginning when it was missing. It's already 1/2 year and I've yet to see any insurance reimbursement anytime soon, and I lost several days of annual leave just to run around the agencies.
5. Finally reached the position I've strived for so many years, but sometimes I do wonder to myself, "so....what's next?", it's been pretty blank and objectiveless in next life direction as I can't even answer myself now. For time being, just set my short term goal for these items first :
|1. Bluefish v2.|
|2. Better cam|
Overall 2012 was more like a roller coaster year for me unlike the expected smooth sailing year mentioned by the Astro feng shui sifu. *Looks up into the dark skies.....nope, still not aliens coming yet.